Gili Air is one of the three islands in the Gili Island chain. It is my favorite of the three!
Reasons to visit Gili Air:
- There are no cars on the island, which I love! You can only get around by foot, bike, or horse. The horse option is not one that I like to take because I feel bad for them. #freethehorsie
- The beaches are unreal. Scattered with funky waterfront restaurants and cafes, there are many cool places to hang out and delicious food and cocktails. Mowie’s being one of my favorites! You have to try the dragon fruit margarita.
- The sunsets and sunrises, its like golden cotton candy for your eyes, enough said.
- Gili Bliss Healthy Juice Bar & Cafe. Suki, a total girl boss, owns this cute two story beach shack juice bar. She is one of the most inspiring and loving women I have ever met. She serves up the islands freshest most delicious juices, smoothies, bowls, and light brunch options.
- The night life is very relaxed and fun. Grab your bike, a beach towel, and your friends to have a cold cocktail on the beach!
- Dolcemare Resort is a must visit if you are looking for a beautiful villa for your stay and a little taste of Italy. Moreno, a seasoned spear-fisherman, and his extremely talented chef wife are #couplegoals. He catches fresh fish in the morning and she creates authentic flavorful home cooked dishes in the evening for their guests. You have to try the squid ink gnocchi. They are so lovely, you would be doing yourself a disservice to miss out on this gem.
- Last, but not least, Gili Air is where I spent the most magical three days with my new love, Hubert. We had only met the night before, but it was love at first sight. It was as if we had the honeymoon before we even started dating! We spent our time riding our bikes exploring the island, enjoying fresh juices and eating delicious food. We even had a sunset SUP date, it was very cute, except for when I attempted a head stand on my paddle board and crash landed. He was obviously impressed, otherwise he wouldn’t be laying in bed next to me as I type this 6 months later. Go me!
Gili Air is a magical place, the beaches, the people, the food… I just can’t say enough. Book your ticket already!